Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sailing away

You will miss some of the ambient sounds of my video if you play the two videos together. But both are about 4 minutes, and if you start the Styx youtube first, (let the ad go by) then mine, they go together pretty nicely.   Come sail away with me.


Note: I think that I am getting too experimental for Facebook. It was a bit of a hack, but I managed to post these YouTubes together on my timeline. Only one 'like.' I, not surprisingly, was quite satisfied.

It was a beautiful spring day and I was playing with a little sailboat made out of wine corks, a few toothpicks and a square of paper from last years calender - the month of March. The cracked blue pitcher came from the Social Service League. I bent a piece of copper wiring to hold my little digital camera in place. The upside down scarf parachute hanging from the pergola was leftover from a kids Science Club project. I have worked with these fish for years. They hit their marks and didn't over play their roles. There were numerous takes, though filming took only close to an hour. I clipped and uploaded the segment shown.

I cannot say enough about the sun, sky and the wind. I couldn't have done this video without them. And a little credit to Bailie, who tickled my imagination. One thing leads to another and I expect to see her name in credits on bigger and better films in the future. I'm just playing with my reflections.

No comments:

Post a Comment